This is a stretch of land jutting into the sea upon which lies the ruins of a
Portuguese fort. It commands a spectacular view of the coast line to its north
including Colva beach, and the south as well. The fort came under
Portuguese control in 1763. It was occupied by the British army between
1797-1813 . This fort until 1955 used to house a prison , but all that now
remains is a small government post. There is a small church within the walls of
There are regular buses to Cabo de Rama from Margao KTC stand.